Home Security Systems 101: Read Before You Buy
This five-part article gives you everything you ever wanted to know about home security systems (AKA
burglar alarms, monitored alarms, and surveillance systems) but were afraid to ask, lest some dealer con you into a $10,000 state-of-the-art system, including $100 a month monitoring fees that you'll be stuck paying until: 1) you die 2) your house burns down or 3) the world ends (actually I'm not entirely sure 1 and 2 would get you out of your contract).
So, without further ado, let's get to it. This big article is broken down into five shorter sections for your speed-reading, time-pressed convenience:
1. The Types of Home Security Systems
2. What to Know Before You Buy a Burglar Alarm
3. Hard-wired or Wireless Systems--Which Is Better?
4. Do-it-yourself vs. Hiring a Pro
5. How Much Do Home Security Systems Cost?